Jul 24, 2010

Please, I would rather have it warm (=

“I only hang out with cool friends”

I heard a girl saying this when we were doing our self-intro during orientation week, and this phrase has gotten itself stuck into my mind ever since then.


Cool, huh?

What’s the definition of cool, may I ask? Having a pretty face and a nice body and fab clothes where you can strut about in? Or having the ability to look down your nose at other people who are not cool enough for you and laugh at them? Or, being rich enough?

Talk about shallowness.


Moi? I prefer warm ones.

Friends, I mean.

You know, that kind of friends who always makes you laugh by being an idiot, not caring about putting up appearances or whatever? The one who pulls a stupid face during photo shots instead of flashing that perfect smile, acting as if a piece of hair out of place in her head will kill her? The kind of friend, who gives you a warm glow of happiness as you think about the times you’ve had together, who brings a huge smile to your face when they suddenly send a random sms to you?

Boy, do I miss the time I laughed until my jaws and stomach ached with my friends.


Warm warm friends. X)

Friends who engulf you in a bear hug, friends who stay up late chatting to you when you are all hyped up, friends who will never judge you for who you are, who doesn’t care whether you are “cool”, or not.

Friends, who won’t let you do crazy things…… alone.


Cause you know what? That’s what friends are for! (=

So, forget the ice. I’d rather have a dose of friendship which warms up my day.


Don't you? ;)

1 comment: