Nov 13, 2011

Once again, I prove the fact that I blog when I have something important to do. *ahem*exams*ahem*.

I tried to sign into my old blog just now. Just to, relive the memories. The days we had. The pranks we pulled. The times we cried and argued, only to find that it brought us closer together. The days we spent playing tennis in the rain. The nights we practiced the instrument over and over again until our hands ache. The afternoons we spent wasting our time in the library skipping practice. The hugs and tears during graduation. And the heartbreak I had once upon a time...

Well, they're gone.

The words I poured out. The blog bitching I did. They're just gone. Cause somewhere along the road Windows Live decided to erase the Spaces.

And now I'm left with regret for not saving them when I had a chance. I feel like wringing my own neck. Ugh.


Which brings me to this.

Regret.


I don't want to regret my life.

I don't want to study my ass off, get a good job just to graduate, be an employee and slave my life away.

I don't want to be those people, who has this engraved on their tombstone. "Buried at 60, dead at 30"

I don't want to simply EXIST.


"We're here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?" - Steve Jobs

"I want to be someone great. To make a small difference in this world because of my existence." - Gidden (sorry for my crappy translation. :P)


Don't we all?

So why are we giving up on our dreams?

Priorities, you say. Expectations that you have to live up to. Society that you have to care for what they think. Parents, family that you have to pacify. Money that you don't have. Culture, the barrier that you can never overcome. Naysayers, planting seeds of doubts. Or just simply, I'm not enough.

Not great enough. Not capable enough. Not rich enough. Not confident enough. The list goes on.

And that's what left of our dreams. Just dreams.

Excuses schmexcuses.



"Doesn't matter what you've heard, impossible is not a word. It's just a reason, for someone not to try." - Kutless, What faith can do.

"Don't say: I can't do it. Say instead: How can I do it?" - Mal Emery, Your Right to be Rich.

As the old saying goes. There's a will, there's a way. Or else, how did Terry Fox ran more that 5000k in 143 days with one amputated leg? How did Air Asia came to be one of the 1st chosen flight companies in Malaysia and in some other countries too?

They had the passion that drove them to success. Just like everything else in life, you can't live without passion. How would you feel if you woke up every morning thinking "I don't want to go to work" for the remainder of your life? (Just like I do now. :P) You won't get far in what you do if you don't have that fire burning within you.

So, just go after what you love. If you really want something, you'll find a way to make it happen. At what cost. You'll mould your life around it. You'll find a way to convince others. You'll make it work. When you do something with a passion. It shows. And the obstacles will just fall away.


Live life with no regrets. There's only one chance. One life. Make it worth.






Fishtail


No comments:

Post a Comment